Using Settings GUI
By default, Zoom creates client .zm in user’s default home directory. This poses a limitation in terms of how much data a user can keep checked out in their working copies. This will, in effect, depend on how much free space there is in the user’s home directory.
In order to remove this limitation, Zoom version 7.0 onwards offers the facility to relocate the client-side .zm data to another location.
Follow the steps to change the location of .zm:-
- Click the General section in Zoom Settings dialog.
- Browse to the location where you want to move .zm
- Click yes to restart the client proxy.
After the Client Proxy process restarts, you must see the user’s client-specific data (zm folder) residing in the new location that you had selected. You will see no noticeable difference in terms of your experience of using Zoom because of your reconfiguration of the .zm.
Assume you need to move the .zm to /mnt/datastore/zm-new-location.
- Stop the Zoom service
- Move the server .zm to new location. For e.g:
move the /home/evolphin/.zm folder to /mnt/datastore/zm-new-location/.zm
- Create a symbolic link using the OS specific link tool (Linux: ln) to link the server .zm to the new location. For e.g.
/home/evolphin/.zm –> /mnt/datastore/zm-new-location/.zm
- Restart Zoom service