In Asset Browser, files can be imported as individual files and as folders. The following steps show how to import files into Asset Browser using the defproj project that is created by default in Zoom. Thumbnails for supported file types are generated during the import process.
The examples below are based on a sample directory that is structured like the following and importing into the defproj project, which is created by default after first installing Zoom:
- In the top-left corner of the Asset Browser interface, click on the Browse button.
- In the Path Navigator, click on defproj.
- In Finder or Windows Explorer, to the folder that contains the files you would like to import into Zoom.
- Select the files in Windows Explorer or Finder.
- Drag-and-drop them into eitherthe defproj folder in the Path Navigator or in the center view (Grid/List/Portfolio) of the Asset Browser.
Your files are now imported into the defproj project. If you also imported folders into this project, you will see them in the Path Navigator and in the browse view. You can navigate into the folder by double-clicking the folder or selecting it in the Path Navigator.
If the optional VideoFX module is implemented, the files will be routed to either an Ingest workflow with a transcoding engine or as direct assets into the Zoom database. For more details on storage management with Zoom please see this.