VAB does not retain default configured metadata for central panel after upgrade from Zoom 5.3 to Zoom 5.5
From Zoom 5.5 and above, default metadata configurations for central panel have been designed to be saved separately for Grid view and List/Portfolio view.
To retain default configured metadata for central panel after upgrade from Zoom 5.3 to Zoom 5.5, follow these steps:
1. After successfull Zoom client upgrade, edit the
zoom.properties file present in
2. Search for the tag “VAB_DEFAULT_METADATA_LIST” and change it to “VAB_DEFAULT_GRID_VIEW_METADATA_LIST“.
3. Save the changes.
4. Restart clientproxy service from Z menu.
1. On the Zoom DAM Server, go to
2. Create or modify
zoom.properties file and add “VAB_DEFAULT_GRID_VIEW_METADATA_LIST” for grid view and “VAB_DEFAULT_LIST_VIEW_METADATA_LIST” tag for List and Portfolio view, so that all clients get updated with the new property name during auto-sync to minimize the efforts.
3. Pull above settings on client machine.