In Zoom 6.0 and above, support has been added for query-based searching, where the users can issue complex searches without setting up the advanced search parameters. An intuitive syntax is provided to build up the queries.
As user start typing in the top search panel, drop-down containing the list of possible values will be displayed, to help the user completing the syntax.
1. Search for all assets having
IPTC_City = Adelaide
- Start typing city
- Click on City from the auto-complete drop-down.
- As City is selected, the values corresponding to it are listed in a drop-down.
- Click on Adelaide. The value is added to the syntax.
- Click on Search Icon – It will fetch all the assets having city Adelaide.
2. Searching for values similar to search text. For example, searching for assets that have IPTC_Headline with text containing ‘Pu’
- Start typing headline.
- Click on Headline from the auto-complete drop-down.
- As Headline is selected, the values corresponding to it are listed in a drop-down.
- Type the search text “Pu” and press Enter.
- All assets with Headline containing the search text ‘Pu’ are returned.
3. Searching for multiple semi-colon separated values of a metadata field. For example, searching for all assets that have IPTC_Country as UAE or UK.
- Start typing country. Click on Country from the auto-complete drop-down.
- As Country is selected, the values corresponding to it are listed in a drop-down.
- Click on UAE, it will add value to the syntax.
- Type ; and then type UK. Click on Search Icon or press Enter.
- All assets with Country ‘UAE’ or ‘UK’ are returned.
4. Searching for values in range like all assets having
IPTC Rating between 2 - 5
- Start typing rating
- Select IPTC Rating from drop down
- Now it will show a pipe | symbol for the metadata value.
- Add 2 on the left of pipe and 5 on the right
- Click the Search Icon.
Asset ID, Repository Revision Number, Project etc.
Use Of Operators In Query
There are 3 types of operators supported
- AND -> Use this to search for assets having both the values like
IPTC_City: Adelaide AND IPTC_Title: Interview
- OR -> Use this to search for assets having either of the values like
IPTC_City: Adelaide OR IPTC_Title: Sports
- NOT -> Use this to search for assets not matching the specified values like
NOT IPTC_City: Boston
It will fetch all assets which don’t have IPTC City as Boston.