In Zoom 5.5, the auto-checkout mount point has been enhanced to support linking and resolve links from Adobe and Cinema 4D plugin.
- If a user commits files which have links to files present in the auto-checkout directory, then these links will be maintained in the Zoom repository and visible in the Asset Browser’s Links panel.
- Files from the auto-checkout folder will not be imported back to Zoom under any circumstances.
- Drag and drop from Asset Browser will only work when auto-checkout is configured correctly (the auto-checkout folder is set to a valid path).
- If a file present in auto-checkout location and also in working copy is dragged and dropped from the Asset Browser, then the link will point to the auto-checkout path. E.g. if some file xyz.jpg is present in the auto-checkout folder and also in the working copy and if the user drags the same file from the Asset Browser to any of the Adobe Creative apps, then the link will be created to the auto-checkout mount point file and not with the working copy file.
- If any file contains links to the auto-checked out file, the auto-checked out file will not be checked-in again to the Zoom Server. Links will be created with the existing files in Zoom and visible in the Asset Browser’s Links panel.
- Resolve links will resolve paths from auto-checkout folders as well. Again, auto-checkout files will have preference over working copy files.