Release Date: 31st January 2020
Evolphin Zoom 7.5-RELEASE.256 is a full release consisting of Linux and Windows servers, and Windows and Mac clients.
- AI: Zoom now supports Veritone and Amazon AI providers to tag and update media using their own AI engines. It allows the user to configure their Zoom system to automate tasks based on AI data triggers in assets. Click here to know how to start using AI with Zoom.
- Web Client now also shows AI data for assets analyzed by AI engines.
- Zoom Client machines can now be configured to save Data Migration job details into a SQL database.
- Data Migration now supports S3.
- Archiving of direct assets to Tier-2 can now be done in one operation.
- When pulling users from LDAP, project associations can also be pulled alongside the user and role details. Only projects already existing in Zoom are mapped with the users in this operation.
- Existing Curator audit indexes will not be accessible from 7.5 onwards. Follow these instructions before upgrading Zoom to upgrade your existing Curator indexes.
- When a user clicks ‘Reveal in Finder/Explorer’ for a multi-level deep folder (or asset) in the Visual Asset Browser, that folder (or the folder containing the asset) opens correctly in the Finder/Explorer.
- Sorting on columns is working fine for the Manage Accounts page in the Web Management Console now.
- Users can change and save settings for existing Hubs in the Web Management Console and see these changes without reloading the browser page now.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, users can successfully remove a keyword associated with multiple assets now.
- Users can successfully change thumbnails of assets using the Visual Asset Browser now.
- The input files for Render and Import using either Batch or Team Render in Cinema 4D Zoom plugin are deleted now after Render and Import are finished, that is files have been rendered and imported.
Major Pending Issues
- Sometimes, AI Configuration pages are not displayed when clicking on these pages under the AI Configuration node in the Web Management Console.
- Advance Search page issues in the Web Client:
- Sometimes, search results are not correct when searching for some types of AI data.
- In Safari, on clicking the Reset button, the user is shown the Homepage.
- Users cannot search for asset ID or asset size.
- Searching for the modified date shows incorrect results.
- Sometimes, when using Hierarchical Archive to archive more than one image sequence, then archiving fails for some sequences. Also, if the archived image sequences are restored immediately then restore fails for these.
- For Hierarchical Archive, sometimes, archive metadata are not updated correctly after assets are restored. For these assets, archiving cannot be triggered again too as the system says that archive/restore is in progress.
- If ClientProxy restarts during Data Migration, then Data Migration status and reports show incorrect data.
- In the Web Client, download of a collection or an asset in the collection fails if it is an expired collection.
- In the Evolphin Zoom plugin for Adobe Illustrator, sync fails after exporting when ‘Sync after Export’ was selected for SVG or EPS files.
- In a VideoFX/VideoLX setup, Transcoders lose their saved settings after upgrading Zoom from 7.3 to 7.5. These transcoders also show as inactive in Zoom.
- A transcoding job fails on a VideoLX setup if the file to transcode has a name longer than 70 characters.
Minor Pending Issues
- In the Web Client, Locate and Eye buttons do not work while cropping/clipping assets or adding text on it.
- Sometimes, an error message is thrown while trying to save SQL Server Settings in the Web Management Console.
- UI issues with Jobs Dashboard in the Web Management Console:
- Start time is not displayed for a few of the completed jobs.
- Size is not displayed for those running jobs which are not running at Vantage.
- Running jobs count does not match jobs running at Vantage.
- Sometimes, jobs are stuck in the submitted state although the connected transcoder is active. Jobs start being worked on after the user restarts the Zoom services.
- Duration is not displaying for a few completed jobs.
- For the Evolphin Zoom plugin in Adobe InDesign, no thumbnail is shown for an exported PDF file.
- In the Evolphin Zoom plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro, when the user clicks the Back button while viewing an asset through the comment notification, the page shows an incorrect path for the asset.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.5 builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Linux RHEL 6.7, Linux RHEL 7.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2012|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, macOS Mojave 10.14.6|
|Browsers||Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1098.0, Firefox 72.0.2, Safari 13.0.4(13608.4.9.1.4), Chrome 79.0.3945.117|
|Adobe Photoshop||19.1.9, 20.0.7|
|Adobe Illustrator||22.1.0, 23.1.1|
|Adobe InDesign||188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.2063|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||12.1.2, 13.1.5|
|Adobe After Effects||15.1.2, 16.1.3|
|Adobe InCopy||220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.1684|
|MAXON Cinema4D||19.024, 20.057|
|Adobe Flash Player||22.214.171.1241|
|SGL Flashnet||6.9.01.003 (API v1 and v2)|