Release Date: 1st September 2019
Evolphin Zoom 7.3.1-RELEASE.108 is a full release consisting of Windows servers and Windows and Mac Clients. This release is primarily a delivery vehicle for combining the Ping integration, along with several key security fixes.
- German language localization is available for all Zoom Client apps. Follow Changing locale in Zoom Clients for details.
- As a measure to increase security within the Zoom framework, session tokens are not transmitted as a parameter now in URLs used in the communication between the Zoom components, including Zoom Server, Zoom Client, Web Management Console, Web Client, Asset Browser, Web Asset Browser, and zm commands.
- Removed a code vulnerability where user profile may be updated using the Web Management Console to gain undue access to admin functions.
- Zoom installer on Mac has been updated to include changes for Java 8.
- Users with Project Admin roles can now browse DRM assets in the Web Management Console.
- For the Web Client, email notifications will now be triggered on asset approval/rejection or collection expiry when these have been configured.
- In the Web Client, downloading one or more assets in a collection as a zip works fine now with no duplicates in the downloaded zipped file.
- The ‘Add Tag’ button on Collection detail page displays properly now in the Web Client.
- While using the Ping realm, global logout in a desktop Zoom app also logs out the user from Zoom web apps now.
- In the Ping realm, attempting global single sign-on from the Zoom Adobe plugin on multiple Adobe apps works without any error now.
- Files imported via Hot Folder are now saved inside Zoom with the default comment “hot-folder import”.
- User can log in using single sign-on without any hassle through the Zoom Adobe plugin in more than one Adobe apps at the same time now.
- In the Zoom Adobe plugin, users can now log-in to Zoom without the login page automatically refreshing and clearing out the typed credentials.
- In the Zoom Adobe plugin, auto-login works seamlessly even if a different user is logged-in the Asset Browser or the Z-icon.
- In the Ping realm, a user does not get logged out now after clicking Reload Properties inside the Zoom Adobe plugin.
- Cinema 4D Team Render settings are successfully validated now in Z-Settings window.
- For HADR Servers running in different time zones, spec replication works now so that all servers are always in sync now.
- On a HADR setup, the user is able to rename/delete/purge/resurrect assets now without any error message or the user getting logged out.
- For a HADR setup running on SSL mode, Curator Dashboard in the Web Management Console now works without an error.
- On a HADR setup, audit log indexing works on all servers now instead of only the first available server.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, keyword change for one or more assets is saved successfully now.
- Asset thumbnails are visible for all assets in the Web Asset Browser now.
- A proper confirmation message is shown now when an asset is moved between folders in the Web Client.
- While checking-in assets on a HADR setup, the popup informing about copying of data to the other HADR Servers shows ‘Cancel’ button now instead of ‘Run in Background’ as the functionality to hide that popup is not available.
Major Pending Issues
- On a HADR setup, password recovery by a Zoom user on one server is not replicated to other servers.
- User is unable to update their own profile in the Web Management Console when using a Zoom HADR setup.
- In the Web Management Console, users that were unassigned from a group inside LDAP, still appear as assigned to that group after pulling users from LDAP.
- If a user closes the login dialog from the Login option in the Z-menu, then an error message is displayed.
- In the Web Asset Browser, assets and folders added to Favorites do not stay in the Favorites section after the browser page is reloaded.
- On a fresh installation of Zoom using the Ping realm, the default super admin account cannot be created from the Web Management Console after the first launch.
- In the Zoom Adobe plugin, sometimes an error is thrown when searching for assets under specific criteria.
- In the Asset Browser, global logout option is unavailable during logout if the Asset Browser was opened through the ‘View in Zoom’ button in the Zoom Adobe plugin on the Ping realm.
- In the Asset Browser, sometimes the Uber Search is also including assets that do not satisfy the search criteria.
- In the Asset Browser running on a Mac machine, Premiere Project’s project files do not open directly in Premiere Pro, but only inside the containing folder in Finder, when Edit is selected from the context menu.
- On a HADR setup, when VideoFX is enabled for first-time from the Ingest Rules Settings page in the Web Management Console, an error message is displayed.
- In a HADR setup, auto-pull for LDAP users is not working in the Ping or LDAP realms when zoom services are restarted. However, auto-pull works if the services are stopped and then started.
Minor Pending Issues
- Hotfolder logs show messages in English even when Zoom is set for German locale.
- In the Zoom Adobe plugin, Asset Browser, Web Asset Browser, and Web Client, a few labels and messages are shown in English when using the German locale.
- In the Web Client, a few labels, messages, and emails still show in English after selecting the German locale.
- Zoom Adobe plugin version does not appear correctly in the plugin title bar when using the German locale.
- When a user with no permission assigned in Zoom, accesses the Links tab in the Zoom Adobe plugin, links fetching fails but the error message displayed is unintuitive.
- In the Ping realm, the user gets an error message in the Asset Browser if they log out using the Zoom Adobe plugin and then log in through the Asset Browser.
- If a user changes from Ping realm to Zoom realm, changes the role for any user and then switches back to the Ping realm then a pull user operation will change the user roles in the Ping realm.
- An error message is displayed on canceling or closing the Login window opened through the Z-menu.
- In the Web Management Console, HSTS Time Period shows as a checkbox instead of a text box in the Admin Server Config window on the Server Control Panel.
- Web Management Console works only in English for now.
- Sketch has not been tested with this release.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.3.1 builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, macOS Mojave 10.14.4|
|Browsers||Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0, Firefox 68.0.2, Safari 12.1(14607.1.40.1.4), Chrome 76.0.3809.100|
|Adobe Photoshop||19.1.9, 20.0.4|
|Adobe Illustrator||22.1.0, 23.0.3|
|Adobe InDesign||126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.524|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||12.1.2, 13.1.2|
|Adobe After Effects||15.1.2, 16.1.1|
|Adobe InCopy||184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.114|
|MAXON Cinema4D||19.0, 20.1|
|Adobe Flash Player||18.104.22.168|
- This release is compatible with bits 7.3.1-RELEASE.108 and above.