Release Date: 14th June 2018
Evolphin Zoom 7.2-RELEASE.224 is a full release consisting of Linux and Windows servers, and Windows and Mac clients.
- Data Migration: Zoom now supports the seamless migration of a large volume of data to its repository.
- Export in Adobe apps: Zoom Adobe plugin now also supports exporting from Adobe InDesign.
- Authorization and error handling in VideoLX are now improved. In the event of an authorization failure between Zoom MAM Server and the Transcoder Server, the connection is now automatically re-tried.
- For VideoLX, the transcoder machine may now connect with the Zoom MAM Server over SSL or non-SSL connection.
- VideoLX process monitoring shows more detailed data for its jobs that are listed in the Web Management Console. The error messages are also more descriptive.
- For VideoLX, the number of parallelly running jobs is now configurable.
- Cinema 4D’s Image Sequence file handling is now improved with the option to configure file extensions and the minimum number of sequence files.
- New system media converters, Red Line and Low Res Converter are now available.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, new linked files can now be checked-in without any error.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, linked image sequencing files show asset ID and thumbnail in the Linked Files tab.
- When using mandatory metadata in a VideoLX setup, if the user specifies metadata values during check-in, all revisions of the asset now show that user-specified value.
- In an Adobe Photoshop client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup, unversioned files are now checked-in when the user syncs after linking.
- In an Adobe Premiere Pro client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup, new files may now be linked without any error in the Linked Files tab.
- After specifying the MySQL database in the Web Management Console for a VideoLX setup, the required tables and schema is automatically set up now.
- In a VideoLX setup, the user may now delete entries from the MySQL database’s tables using Zoom’s Web Management Console.
- In a VideoLX setup, while viewing the transcoding jobs on the Process Monitor in the Web Management Console, the latest jobs are shown on top now.
- For the Process Monitor in a VideoLX setup, a failed job’s end date is removed as soon as it is submitted for a rerun now, rather than after it starts running.
- For the Process Monitor in a VideoLX setup, the jobs list is now displayed page-wise.
- On a VideoLX setup, where a transcoder is set to copy the low-res proxy to the third party mount path, if that third party mount path becomes inaccessible while a job is running, then this job fails now.
- In an Adobe Premiere Pro client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup, resolution switch buttons are only displayed for high-res assets now, not for unversioned or direct ingest assets.
- In an Adobe Premiere Pro client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup that has a non-empty value set for pro-res suffix, asset ID and thumbnail are now shown for high-res assets that are switched to low-res.
- In an Adobe Premiere Pro client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup, resolution switch buttons are now enabled on the Linked Files tab when at least one asset is high-res and all assets are selected by using Select All.
- For a VideoLX setup, an in-place ingest may now be configured so that the original file does not get replaced with the newly generated low-res file after ingest. To know more about configuring this, check here.
- In a VideoLX setup, if the third-party mount points are not accessible or invalid, VideoLX flow is skipped when assets are checked-in. An error message is logged for the invalid third-party mount point.
- In an Adobe Photoshop client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup, MXF files may now be linked. For the project file, now the linked MXF files are also shown in the Links panel in the Asset Browser.
- In a VideoLX setup that does not have mandatory metadata, duplicate asset brought for check-in is skipped now.
- In a VideoLX setup, no error is shown on the Transcoder Settings page in the Web Management Console if no changes were made to these settings.
- In an Adobe Premiere Pro client using Zoom Adobe plugin on a VideoLX setup, after adding high-res assets to a project and syncing, the high-res assets are not automatically checked out now.
- The Metadata Panel is now refreshed when switching between assets in the Asset Browser.
Major Pending Issues
- For Adobe Illustrator using Adobe Zoom plugin on a Mac, unversioned links are not shown under Linked Files or during check-in.
- Sometimes, multiple low-res revisions are generated and checked-in for assets ingested using Data Migration with VideoLX.
- Thumbnails are not shown for R3D files in any desktop or web-based asset-browser, like Asset Browser or Web Client.
- If multiple Transcoders are assigned to a project in a VideoLX setup, jobs are being submitted to the multiple transcoders and getting failed after the conversion is completed by one of them.
- While registering a Transcoder with the Zoom MAM Server, the Zoom username specified for authentication may not contain any spaces.
- When using System – Low Res Converter as the low-res converter with VideoLX, transcoding fails for a few files, like for some MXF video files.
- In a VideoLX setup, sometimes, the low-res proxies are missing a few frames from the original video file.
- In Adobe Illustrator using Zoom Adobe plugin, the new project file is not versioned after synching.
- In Adobe Photoshop using Zoom Adobe plugin, for a new project containing GIF file links, synching fails to resolve links for the GIF files. To fix this, select resolve links.
- Sometimes, in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 using Zoom Adobe plugin, accessing, browsing or searching for assets is not working smoothly.
- VideoLX is not supported on a Zoom NonStop Server (HADR) setup.
Minor Pending Issues
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, if both high-res and low-res revisions of the same asset are dropped into the project, these are listed as two separate assets instead of one under the Linked Files.
- In Adobe After Effects using Zoom Adobe plugin on a Windows system, the table headings on the Exports tab are not fully visible.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.2 builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Linux RHEL 6.7, Linux RHEL 7.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13|
|Browsers||Chrome 62.0.3202, Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0, Firefox 57.0, Safari 11.0.1|
|Adobe Photoshop||19.0 (2018)|
|Adobe Illustrator||22.0.0 (2018)|
|Adobe InDesign||13.0 (2018)|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||12.0.0 (2018)|
|Adobe After Effects||15.0.0 (2018)|
|Adobe InCopy||13.0 (2018)|
|MAXON Cinema4D||17.016, 18.020, 19.008|
|Adobe Flash Player||22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199|
|Amazon AWS CLI||1.15.10|
- This release is compatible with bits 7.2-RELEASE.224 and above.