Release Date: 24th May 2019
Evolphin Zoom 7.2.3-RELEASE.17 is a full release consisting of Windows servers and Windows and Mac clients.
- This Zoom release features integration with the OpenID Connect provider, Ping Identity that lets Zoom users use global Single Sign-On.
- After setting up PingID and using PingRealm in your previous Zoom setup, all unattended Hot Folders will be disabled.
- Hot Folders will not store any login credentials now. These will instead use the session of the logged in user, or if none is available then prompt for login.
- Audit logging is enhanced for many commands and entries are now more descriptive.
Major Pending Issues
- In the Web Client, public collection sharing using a web link and private sharing to external users is not available.
- Web Asset Browser on a Mac machine does not display text correctly.
- Users are unable to change the thumbnail for any asset in the Web Asset Browser.
- If a user clicks See More… while browsing the list of inactive files on the Asset Browser homepage, Zoom shows a null pointer exception.
- Preview Server logs show authentication failed messages sporadically but these do not affect Zoom’s operations.
- VCS indexes in Curator are taking longer to finish indexing.
- In the Asset Browser, if a user single signs-in using one browser and then tries to log into the Web Management Console on a different machine or browser (other than the browser used for initial single sign-in), this user is automatically logged out from the Visual Asset Browser.
- Auto checkout fails on a Windows Zoom Client if it tries to checkout a file with a long name that is not supported in Windows.
Minor Pending Issues
- In the Asset Browser, the single sign-on login window does not disappear when a globally signed out user clicks Cancel on that login prompt.
- After a user clicks on the button to single sign-on from within a Zoom application, the global login credentials are captured and validated in the default web browser, but the Zoom application still displays the single sign-on connect button instead of showing the signing-in progress.
- Sometimes, Zoom session does not open in a Zoom application even after Ping session was successfully created after the user has single signed-in.
- While single signing-in from the Web Asset Browser in the Safari browser on a Mac machine, the tab used to log-in is not automatically closed after single sign-on is successful.
- Assets imported via the Hot Folder are saved with an empty comment instead of the default comment for any hot folder import.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.2.3 builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, macOS Mojave 10.14.4|
|Browsers||Chrome 62.0.3202, Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0, Firefox 66.0.5, Safari 12.1, Chrome 74.0.3729.131|
|Adobe Photoshop||19.1.6 (2018), 20.0.4 (2019)|
|Adobe Illustrator||22.1.0 (2018), 23.0.3 (2019)|
|Adobe InDesign||22.214.171.124 (2018), 126.96.36.1994 (2019)|
|Adobe Flash Player||188.8.131.52|
- This release is compatible with bits 7.2.3-RELEASE.17 only.