When using VideoLX or VideoFX 3.0 +, Zoom process reporting in the Web Management Console can write data to a SQL server. This data will be fetched to display reports inside the Web Management Console about transcoding jobs.
To set up a new MySQL Server for process reporting, follow the instructions given below:
- Download your OS-specific installer from https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/
- Run the installer and follow the instructions.
- Create a MySQL user.
- For Zoom version up to 7.2, download the MySQL script file from here. Save this text file as ZoomScript.sql. Create a database and associated tables using this ZoomScript.sql and the user created previously. For example, using the MySQL CLI:
mysql --host=yourdatabase-hostname-or-ip -u evolphin -pYourpasword < ZoomScript.sqlYou do not need to download and run this script from Zoom 7.3 onwards.
- Save the user information and the location of the SQL database for use in the Web Management Console.
- Log in to the Web Management Console of your Zoom Server. Go to Server Control Panel in the System node of the Admin Menu sidebar.
- Click on SQL Server to open SQL Server settings. Specify username, password, and database location and click Save.
- If the settings are valid then Zoom will be able to connect to the SQL Server. The settings will also be saved successfully. If the Zoom Server is not able to connect to the SQL Server then the settings will not be saved. Enter the correct settings and try again.