Due to change in the R20 API, the naming format of language folders for C4D plugin has changed. Till R19, the language folders naming convention was like this – strings_es, strings_fr, strings_us etc. But R20 language folders follow the convention language code followed by region ID e.g strings_en-US, strings_es-ES etc.
Steps to fix this for R20:
- Look for the locale folders of Zoom plugin. By default locale folders are in:
- For Windows: C:\Program Files\MAXON\Cinema 4D R20\plugins\ZmCinema4DPlugin\res
- For Mac: /Applications/MAXON/Cinema 4D R20/plugins/ZmCinema4DPlugin\res
- Rename the locale folders as follows:
- strings_es -> strings_es-ES
- strings_fr -> strings_fr-FR
- strings_us -> strings_en-US
- Click on Plugins -> Reload Python Plugins in Cinema 4D.
- Reopen Evolphin Zoom plugin from Cinema 4D plugins menu.