In some situations, you may need to stop the Client Proxy that runs on Zoom Client machines. From the Z menu icon, you can choose to restart Client Proxy. But, to stop the Client Proxy service altogether, follow these steps for Windows and Mac systems:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Firstly, a process called Watchdog should be killed before killing Client Proxy. Watchdog keeps spawning the Client Proxy process when it detects that Client Proxy has ended. Run this command to kill the Watchdog process:
taskkill /IM watchdog.exe /F
- Now, run this command to kill Client Proxy:
taskkill /IM zmclientproxy.exe /F
- Open Terminal as an administrator.
- Run this command to kill Client Proxy:
launchctl unload -S AQUA /Library/LaunchAgents/com.evolphin.zoom.clientproxy.plist