Up until Zoom 7.2, client-side properties were set using property files on the Zoom Server.
From Zoom 7.3 onwards, these properties are set on the Zoom Server using the Web Management Console. However, from Zoom 7.3 onwards, Zoom Clients also have an additional setting for them called location. This location determines which properties are synced from the Zoom Server. Zoom Clients on a particular location will only get properties set for that location on the Zoom Server. When only one location is configured on the Zoom Server, then the properties are synced uniformly to all Zoom Clients as each machine can have only one location.
Follow these steps to synchronize properties form the Zoom Server:
- On the Zoom Client machine, make sure that the default server is set in order to pull the properties from the server.
If any of the property files contain any system environment variable such as
$HOMEthen it will get replaced with corresponding value on the client machine based on the client-specific system environment variable. Thus,
$HOMEwould, for example, expand to
/user/katebased on the logged-in user.
- After the properties are fetched from the server, you will need to restart ClientProxy from Z-icon in the system tray or menu bar to see the changes. This synchronization will run automatically on the client every 2 days by default and brings in any changes or updates from the server. You can change how often this synchronization happens by adding/updating the property SYNCUP_PERIOD=n, where n is the number of days.
- To pull properties on-demand manually on the Zoom Client machine:
- Right-click on Z-icon in the system tray or menu bar.
- Click Settings from the Z-menu.
- Click Advance Properties.
- Click Sync now.
In case of a conflict, it uses the configuration from the server and overrides the local changes on the client machine.
The properties are now synchronized from the global configuration on the Zoom Server. To see changes in any Zoom Client app like Asset Browser and Evolphin Zoom plugin, you need to restart these. For the Evolphin Zoom plugin, you could also Reload Properties from the flyover menu.