While enabling Hierarchical Archive we need to also enable Basic Archive on Zoom, if it is not already done. Follow these steps to enable Hierarchical Archive after setting up basic archive:
- Open the Web Management Console for your Zoom Server.
ex. http://localhost:8443 or http://<zoomserver>:8443
- Log in using your admin credentials.
- In the Admin Menu sidebar, click Server Control Panel under the System node.
- Click Hierarchical Archive Settings on the Server Control Panel page.
- Click Enable Ingest Time Archive Flow to enable automatic archiving of assets at the time of ingest. This automatic archiving is triggered at the time of asset ingest and is completed in the background silently.
- Click Show Additional Options for Archive / Restore to view Hierarchical Archive options while choosing archive/restore for any asset in the Asset Browser.
- The other settings are already set to their default values. Click Enable Tier-1 Archive of Direct Assets and Enable Tier-2 Archive of Direct Assets to enable Hierarchical Archive for direct assets. Tier-1 Archive should be enabled for Tier-2 Archive to work.
- Choose a Default Archive Location to only allow archive from the chosen location when Auto-Retirement is triggered.
- Archive Metadata Group shows the metadata group used for storing metadata values related to archiving. The default metadata group name ‘ZARC’ is already filled here. If you wish to use another metadata group for this purpose, then specify another valid metadata group name here. If the metadata group name specified here does not exist, then the archive will fail later.
The default metadata group specified here has all the required metadata fields for saving archive related information.
- Supported Storage Type shows the archive options that will be shown on the Hierarchical Archive options window in Asset Browser. Specify the archive storage type you have configured like FS (for File System), S3. However, you also need the specified storage types configured in Zoom for it to work. Check here to know about the storage types supported with Zoom.
- Specify the Default Tier-2 Storage Type for the tier-2 archive of direct assets and automatic ingest time archive of assets. By default, it is set to use FS (for File System).
- In the Archive Exclusion Rule box, you can specify an exclusion rule for assets using metadata values. If the rule is true for any asset then that asset will not be archived. This is run for all assets sent for archiving, automatic, manual, or through auto-retirement. Specifying the exclusion rule is optional.
The exclusion rule is specified as one or more metadata field and value pairs in JSON format. For example, if we want an asset to be excluded from archiving if it has IPTC_City set as (Sydney or Berlin) or IPTC_Country set as Japan, then the exclusion rule should be:
- Click Save.
- You will be prompted to restart the server. Click Yes.
- Refresh your web browser.
Hierarchical Archive settings are now saved.