While enabling Hierarchical Archive we need to also enable Basic Archive on Zoom, if it is not already done. Follow these steps to enable Basic and Hierarchical Archive:
- Open the Web Management Console for your Zoom Server.
ex. http://localhost:8443 or http://<zoomserver>:8443
- Log in using your admin credentials.
- In the Admin Menu sidebar, click Server Control Panel under the System node.
- Click Archive Management on the Server Control Panel page.
- Click Enable Archive to enable it.
- Specify a local path on the Zoom Server as the Archive Location.
If using an external archive module, like SGL or S3, the archived files are moved to the external archive systems from this path.Ex. E:\zoom\archive\ or /mnt/Archive on the Zoom MAM Server.
- If you are not setting up External Archive with scripts then pre- and post- scripts for archive and restore are optional. You can still set up scripts here to execute before and after the archive/restore operations as needed.
- If you are setting up External Archive with scripts, then you need these script files:
- Specify the path for Pre-script for Archive from the location where the script installer placed the script files (as described here). For example, if you had specified /home/evolphin as the root path for the script installer, then the path will be /home/evolphin/zoom-deploy/ArchivePreHook/archive-hook.pl.
- Similarly, specify the path for Pre-script for Restore from the location of the restore pre-script in the script files on Zoom MAM Server. For example, as per the above example, this path will be /home/evolphin/zoom-deploy/RestorePreHook/restore-hook.pl.
- Update Limit on Arguments on Command-line to be 0. This is needed to remove the limit on the number of asset IDs passed in a Zoom command while using archiving.
- Click Show Additional Options for Archive / Restore to enable it. This allows Zoom to show Hierarchical Archive options while choosing archive/restore for any asset in the Asset Browser.
- Click Save.
- You will be prompted to restart the server. Click Yes.
- Refresh your web browser.