Periodically, the Evolphin team will provide updates to Zoom Server and Zoom client. These updates can be downloaded at the download address provided by Evolphin. If you do not know the download address for your organization, please refer to View Tickets in the Evolphin Support portal.
Before beginning, please make sure to backup your Zoom installation and database as referred to in Backing Up Zoom.
- In Windows Services, shutdown the Zoom Server and Zoom Preview Server services. For information on how to shut down, refer to Starting and Stopping Zoom Services (Windows)
- Navigate to the Zoom install directory. On Windows, this is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Evolphin\DAM.
- Copy or backup the conf and db folder. If your db folder is located in an alternate location, you do not need to back up the db folder.
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- In the list, select Evolphin Zoom and click Uninstall.
- When prompted “Are you sure you want to uninstall Evolphin Zoom” click Yes.
- Follow the instructions in the uninstall wizard.
- Navigate to the Zoom installation directory.
- Delete the webcontext and conf folders.
- Unzip the zoom-server-win64.zip downloaded from Evolphin Support.
- Once unzipped, navigate to the server folder.
- Double-click setup.exe.
- Follow the instructions for the Zoom installer.
- When prompted, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, the service will start automatically on launch. Go to your Services and shut off the Zoom Server and Zoom Preview Server services prior to continuing.
For servers using 4.0b5877 and greater:
- Replace the server.xml, wrapper.conf, preview-server.conf, metadataspec folder, and xmp-type.properties with the files stored in your conf backup folder.
- In Services, start the Zoom Server and Zoom Preview Server services.
By default, this is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Evolphin\DAM
For servers using 4.0b5877 and before:
- Navigate to the Zoom install directory .
- Navigate to the conf folder.
- Copy and replace the server.xml, metadataspec, and xmp-type.properties files from the conf folder you backed up prior to installing.
- Open the wrapper.conf from your backup and the wrapper.conf stored in the new installation.
- For configurations, such as heap size and memory, replace the values from your old installation into the new wrapper.conf file.
- Open the preview-server.conf from your backup and the preview-server.conf stored in the new installation.
- For configurations, such as heap size and memory, replace the values from your old installation into the new preview-server.conf file.
- Copy the zoom.key file from your backup to your new installation.