Adobe Flash won’t work after 12th Jan 2021 as Adobe has finally pulled the plug and disabled the execution of Flash based apps on and after 12th Jan 2021.
Evolphin Zoom v8.0 has alternatives for Flash based apps.
- Use Web client in place of WebVAB.
- Replaced Webmin Flash based charts and reporting components with HTML5 charts.
- Added an HTML5 module for creating Job Templates, so there is no need to open the Flash based Workflow Designer.
If Flash based workflow designer is needed, it can open in a Windows Virtual Machine whose date is before 12th Jan 2021. If you want to use the Workflow Designer, we recommend opening the Zoom Webmin(9443/8443) inside a Firebox browser running a virtual Machine whose date is before 12th Jan 2021.
Please reach out to Evolphin Support if you need any assistant.
Affected Components by Flash Removal
Zoom Web Management Console
- Webmin => Team Workflow => Manage Workflow – Workflow Designer won’t work as Adobe has stopped the execution of Flash. Alternative is to use a Virtual Machine whose date is before 12th Jan 2021. In v8.0, Added a new HTML5 component to creation the Job templates.
- Webmin => Jobs Dashboard => Monitor – Changed Flash charts by HTML5.
- Webmin => Reports – Changed Flash charts by HTML5.
- Webmin => Key Performance Indicator – Removed old Flash based indicators, now only one HTML5 table is present which displays the key performance indicators.
Web VAB(Web Asset Browser)
- Option 1: Use a Virtual Machine whose date is before 12th Jan 2021.
- Option 2: Upgrade to v8 and use the Webclient.