After the EZ Updater is set up, a lot more features are available for use by the EZ Admin. In the initial setup as shown here, one EZ Admin was registered for the EZ Updater, EZ Updater settings were saved, EZ Client bits were configured and then uploaded on EZ for use by the clients. Let us look at all the features of EZ Updater available to an EZ Admin.
The recommended settings are to have the EZ Updater check for updates every day and install updates automatically.
Before proceeding, ensure that you have installed and configured EZ Updater and EZ Clients as shown here.
The Zoom Builds tab opens the page to show the Zoom builds downloaded on the EZ Updater.
Follow these steps to view and manage Zoom builds:
- Open EZ Web portal in any web browser and log in.
- Click Zoom Builds in the top menu bar.
This page manages all the Zoom builds downloaded from the Evolphin server. Information related to the builds may be seen like Build Name, Build Version Number, Build Hash Code, Release Date, Minimum Compatible Client Version, Compatible OS, MD5 Checksum of the build, and Approved Status. Only Zoom Client builds are available in this beta version.
After download, the builds are in the Rejected state by default. The EZ Admin may Approve or Reject any build. Select the desired build and click Approve / Reject above the builds’ list. Only approved builds will be visible and available (for download) to the EZ Clients.
EZ Admin may also Download a chosen build locally. This is useful to test a build before approving or rejecting. To download any build, select the build and click Download. You can download approved or rejected builds.
EZ Admin may also download and remotely install builds. This way the builds may also be tested before approving.
- Download Build: EZ Admin can download any particular build to install/test separately. To do that, select the build and click Download. You could download approved or rejected builds.
- Install Build: EZ Admin can install builds remotely on any managed machine. To do that, select the build and click Install. A popup will appear to select the desired machine on which this build will be installed. Select the target machine and click OK. You may monitor the installation progress from the Activities page. You could install approved or rejected builds.
It is recommended to select only one machine at a time for the installation.
The EZ Client machines managed by this EZ Updater are listed under the Managed Machines page.
- Open EZ Web portal in a web browser and log in.
- Click Managed Machines in the top menu bar.
This page shows the details of the machines which are managed by this EZ Updater. The EZ Admin can add a machine, edit existing machines, or delete them. By default, the current EZ Updater machine will also be listed here. If you click on any row, the details for that machine, like installation type (Zoom Server/ Zoom Client), version, Zoom installation path and last Zoom updated time, are shown below the machines list.
If an EZ Client machine is not on this list, it is automatically added anytime it checks for update (manually or as per schedule).
These options are available on the Managed Machines page.
Add Machine: Adding a machine is not available for now.
Edit Machine Details: The EZ Admin may change the machine details by clicking Edit. If the IP address or hostname are modified, the other details will be fetched again. The EZ Admin may choose to edit the name of the Managed machine. This name is only for identification by the EZ Updater.
All activities associated with EZ may be tracked on the Activities page. This is a log of all the activities happening within the EZ Updater on this machine. A brief description of the activity, start time, last updated time of activity, address from which the request originated, steps executed during the activity and progress (if available) as well as the Activity ID are shown here.
Logs are maintained by all EZ machines. These logs are stored in [EvolphinZoomUpdaterData]\logs folder. The logs may also be viewed in the EZ Web portal. By default, the logs view displays only the last 1Mb of logs and keeps appending it at the end as soon as new log entries are generated.
- Open EZ Web portal in a web browser and log in.
- Click Logs in the top menu bar.
These options are available on the Logs page:
Full logs: Click Full logs to display the logs in its entirety. The size of logs being skipped is also displayed next to it.
Download Full Logs: Click Download Full Logs to download all logs as a zip file.
Log level: Select the desired log level to display. ALL will display complete logs.
The Upload EZ page is used to upload EZ Client bits that EZ Clients can install. These builds are set up during the first-time configuration of EZ. If you need to set up additional EZ Clients or know more about each option on the Upload EZ page, see in detail below.
Follow these steps to upload EZ Client build(s) that will be used to set up EZ Client machines:
- Open EZ Web portal in a web browser and log in as the EZ Admin.
- Click Upload EZ on the top menu bar.
- The Upload EZ page is displayed. This Upload EZ page gives the option to preconfigure and upload the EZ Client setup bits so that the clients are able to perform a 1-click install.
- Update the values as follows. All fields are mandatory.
- Mac Build: Browse and open the file containing the latest EZ Client bits for Mac so it is uploaded and ready for your Zoom Client users on Mac.
- Windows Build: Browse and open the file containing the latest EZ Client bits for Windows so it is uploaded and ready for your Zoom Client users on Windows.
- Downloader URL: Enter the default EZ Updater URL for EZ Clients to communicate with. You must enter the address in the form of https://[IPAddress]:[Port] where DNS name may also be used in place of IP address. Only port 5551 is supported.
- EZ Port: Enter the port number to be used by EZ for communicating with EZ Clients. Only port 5551 is supported right now.
- Check For Update: Select update check frequency for the EZ Clients. It is recommended to choose Every Day.
- Save these values.
- Copy the URL to send out to Zoom Clients using the Copy URL button (or copy manually).
- Share the URL over email or other means so that all EZ Clients may access it.
The Settings page is used to configure the EZ Updater. These options are configured while setting up EZ and do not need to be changed later. In case you need to update any settings later, then you need to login to the EZ Web Portal as an EZ Admin.
Follow these steps to configure your EZ Updater:
Login to the EZ Web portal with the EZ Admin account. On the first login with this EZ Admin account, the Settings page should open up. If for some reason the Settings page is not displayed, click on Settings tab in the top menu bar.
The following sections have to be configured:
EZ Updater Settings section
- Client Name: Enter the unique company name provided by the Evolphin support in the ticket. The name should be exactly the same as provided in the ticket.
- EZ Downloader License Number: Enter the unique license key text provided by the Evolphin support in the ticket. To do so, open the license file, select and copy all of its contents and paste here.
- Check for Update URL: Our support team will give you the URL to the Evolphin Server from where the builds will be downloaded.
- Check for Updates: Select the update check frequency. It is recommended to keep this as Every Day.
Click Save. Move to the next section.
Products To Watch section
Select Zoom products as per your usage. It is recommended to select all four options. Click Save.
Products To Update section
Set the installation frequency to Automatic. Do not change anything else in this section. Click Save.
Mail Settings section
Configure the mail settings so that all people required to be notified get an email when an event occurs in the EZ setup.
All fields are mandatory:
- Outgoing SMTP Server: Enter the outgoing SMTP server name.
- SMTP Server Port: Enter the port number used by the SMTP server.
- SMTP User: Enter SMTP username.
- SMTP Password: Enter the password for the SMTP user account.
- BCC List: Enter a comma-separated list of email addresses that will receive notifications from EZ. These users will get emails regarding all client machines managed by this EZ Updater.
- From: Enter the email address of the user from which the mail will be sent.
- Security: Select the security protocol in use from NONE, SSL, or TLS.
Once these values are entered, click * Test Mail to test these settings. A mail should be received by every email address configured here. If not, recheck and update these settings.
After testing fine, click Save.
To register a new EZ Admin user, open the EZ Web Admin portal.
Follow these steps to create EZ Admin account:
- Open your EZ Web portal (https://[EZUpdaterIP]:).
- Click Sign Up on the login page. The user creation page is shown.
- Enter the details. All fields are mandatory. The master password should be copied as it is from ez-updater.xml under
<masterPass>tag. The location of ez-updater.xml file is:
Windows: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\EvolphinZoomUpdaterData\conf\Linux: [InstallationPath]\EvolphinZoomUpdaterData\conf\
Mac: /Library/Application\ Support/EvolphinZoomUpdaterData/conf/
- Submit the values. The EZ Admin user account is created.
To reset the password:
- Open EZ Web portal in any web browser.
- Click Reset Password on the Login page.
- Enter username.
- Enter a new password and confirm it.
- Enter the master password. Check for the master password from
ez-updater.xml. To know more about the master password, check new user registration above.