Fixing the Installer that stops responding
If the installer stops responding while installing the EZ Client, then follow these steps to fix it:
- Select Force Quit from the Apple menu.
- Select the Installer app from the Force Quit window and click Force Quit.
- The installer will stop. You should follow the steps in the next section to ensure that the installer is unblocked before trying to install EZ Client again.
Unblocking the Installer app
If the installer was denied permission to access some files and folders during the installation, then you would need to reinstall the EZ Client. Also, before reinstalling, you need to unblock the installer. Follow these steps to see how to unblock the installer:
You would also need to unblock the installer if it stops responding during installation and you subsequently Force Quit it using the macOS.
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click Security & Privacy and then open the Privacy tab.
- Scroll through the left-side panel and select Full Disk Access. Apps that have requested permission for Full Disk Access are shown in the right-side panel.
- Look for the Installer app in the right-side panel. If the Installer app is in the list but not the checkbox in front of it is not selected then we need to delete this entry.
- Click on the lock icon on the lower-right corner of the window and authorize it with your user name/password to allow edits to the values shown.
- Now, select the Installer app and click – below the apps list to remove it from the Full Disk Access list.
- Next, scroll through the left-side panel and select Files and Folders. Apps that have requested permission for Files and Folders are shown in the right-side panel.
- Look for the Installer app in the right-side panel. Notice the Downloads Folder is listed below it.
- Select the Downloads Folder checkbox if it is not already selected.
- The fix is now complete. You can now try to install EZ Client again.