Release Date: 4th January 2019
Evolphin Zoom 7.2.2-RELEASE.107 is a full release consisting of Linux, Mac and Windows servers and Windows and Mac clients.
- The option to skip metadata-based path during camera card ingest is now available for VideoFX setups. In these setups, the user can choose to save the ingested files as per the folder structure inside the camera card with the parent folder selected by the user in the check-in dialog.
- Dynamic collections can now be set to only include assets whose latest revision’s metadata matches the search criteria of the collection. To update the filtering in dynamic collections, follow this post.
- Zoom license does not expire unexpectedly for some specific cases of license start dates now.
- Image converters are updated to convert multiple images successfully while downloading assets from the Web Client or the Visual Asset Browser.
- Users are now able to add assets to a collection as per the permissions set in the collection. This is also applicable to the project vault for the collection even when the user does not have permission to access the project vault as per Zoom project/role assignment.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, users can now share collections with all users assigned to a project successfully. Any shared user of a collection cannot modify permissions of the collection owner now. Also, shared users with only view permission on the collection cannot remove assets from the collection or change permissions assigned to the other users of the collection.
- Multiple transcoding jobs are running in multiple parallel threads now.
Major Pending Issues
- Sometimes, transcoding fails on a VideoLX setup when Linux servers are used for Zoom and Transcoding servers.
- Users are unable to change thumbnails for checked-out assets in the Visual Asset Browser.
- The permissions assigned to users through the Visual Asset Browser and Web Client do not match exactly. When permissions are assigned from one of them, the outcome may be different in the other one.
- When a collection is shared with a role or a project in the Visual Asset Browser, there is no way to know which users got access to the collection on this basis in the Web Client. Additionally, these users can only view the collection, even if ‘Can Edit’ or ‘Can Edit/Delete’ permission was assigned to their role or project.
- If multiple assets have the same name but are in different folders inside a preconfigured high-res path, and the parent folder is added as a link in Adobe Premiere Pro using the Zoom Adobe plugin on a Windows machine, then only one asset out of those with the same name is ingested into Zoom.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin on a Windows machine, when the working copy is mapped to a high-res path and also has subfolders for direct and high-res ingest, then sync fails for a project created inside the configured direct ingest path with links in the configured high-res path when ‘Skip Metadata In Path’ is selected.
- For a VideoFX setup with a valid post ingest path configuration, for a project with a valid high-res linked file, the linked file is not moved to the configured post ingest path after sync In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin on a Windows machine.
- Asset ingest fails in the Visual Asset Browser when a folder containing subfolders with valid high-res and direct ingest files is imported with ‘Convert to working copy’ and ‘Skip Metadata In Path’ selected.
- Asset ingest fails in the Visual Asset Browser when a folder which is inside the working copy and containing subfolders with valid high-res and direct ingest files is imported with ‘Skip Metadata In Path’ selected.
Minor Pending Issues
- Collections page take time to load when there are many collections to list (60+). This is observed with Curator enabled in the Web Client, Web Asset Browser, and Visual Asset Browser.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.2.2 GA builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Linux RHEL 6.7, Linux RHEL 7.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13|
|Browsers||Chrome 70.0.3538, Microsoft Edge 42.171, Firefox 64.0, Safari 11.0.3|
|Adobe Photoshop||19.1.6 (2018)|
|Adobe Illustrator||22.1 (2018)|
|Adobe InDesign||13.1 (2018)|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||12.1.2 (2018)|
|Adobe After Effects||15.1.2 (2018)|
|Adobe InCopy||13.1 (2018)|
|Adobe Flash Player||188.8.131.52|
|Amazon AWS CLI||1.15.11|
- This release is compatible with bits 7.2.2-RELEASE.107 and above.