Release Date: 23rd April 2018
Evolphin Zoom 7.1-RELEASE.1058 is a full release consisting of Linux and Windows servers and Windows and Mac clients.
- Zoom Sketch plugin: A new Zoom Sketch plugin allows users to access the power of the Zoom repository inside the Sketch app. Click here to know the steps to install the plugin.
- Exporting from Zoom Adobe plugin: Assets may now be exported using Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Sketch.
- Web session check: Number of active web sessions allowed simultaneously for each user are now configurable.
- Cinema 4D sequence files: Zoom now recognizes sequence files rendered by Cinema 4D and optimizes their check-in, linking, and updating by only ingesting the first frame in the repository and keeping the rest on a network share.
- VIdeoLX 2.0: Zoom 7.1 is equipped to work with the latest VideoLX 2.0 that supports proxy generation using Evolphin’s own transcoder. However, Zoom NonStop (HADR) is not supported with VideoLX.
- The licensing model introduced in 7.0 has been updated to have separate license counts for web-based clients’ users and collection-only users. Each of these has a bunch of licenses for read-only and read-write access. Licenses are consumed based on the activity being performed by the user.
- SSL communication between Zoom machines now has additional security using hostname verification. To know the changes needed to your SSL setup, click here.
- Assets may now be downloaded as a zip file in the Web Client. For more details, click here.
- In the Web Client, users may now resolve chosen comments on an asset in a collection. This will hide these comments out of the default view. For more details, click here.
- The search box in Web Client now suggests global results spanning asset names, collection names, and also asset names within collections. For more details, click here.
- In the Web Client, Video playback during scrubbing is smoother now.
- Zoom users can now update their profile picture and Zoom password in the Web Client.
- At each server start, Zoom will now automatically check for system media converters and accordingly add any that are missing and also update existing ones if these are outdated.
- Project template and their categories are now displayed alphabetically in the Zoom Adobe plugin.
- In the Zoom Adobe Plugin using proxy-based high-resolution asset management, if the user tries to link to a low-res asset that is not already checked out, then Zoom plugin implicitly performs a checkout and completes the linking process.
- Spatial comments may now be added on successive pages of multi-page assets (like pdf) in the Zoom Adobe Plugin.
- Zoom Adobe Plugin now has the delink feature to remove checked-out assets from working copy. To delink, right-click on a checked-out asset in the All tab under Browse and select Delink.
- In Zoom Adobe Plugin, the number of notifications displayed may now be configured. The user may also successively fetch more notifications, if available.
- The notifications displayed in Zoom Adobe Plugin may be dismissed now to remove from the view in the list.
- The asset search results in Zoom Adobe Plugin are now displayed page-wise with 50 results per page.
- Zoom Adobe plugin now displays an invalid character error message when the user tries to check-in a file with invalid characters in its name. Special characters, /:>|<*?\”, are not allowed.
- Visual Asset Browser shows the difference in size between revisions of an asset now. It is the delta size of revision, that is the amount of data stored for that revision.
- Smart-link and smart copy assets may now be looked up from the command line using the new Zoom API command, getlist.
- Smart-link may now be created for smart copies of assets. Smart-links may also be archived now.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, smart-links may be linked to the project now, if the Zoom admin disables copying of smart-links from the Web Admin Console and then restarts the Zoom MAM server.
- Smart-link or smart copies of assets would now expire when their source expires.
- Zoom now supports Vantage 7.1 as a media converter.
- The Zoom Server will not crash now if an incompatible Zoom Client tries to connect to it. Zoom Clients will send their compatible Zoom versions in the header message when communicating with Zoom Servers.
- Zoom servers are more secure now as type whitelisting is implemented for XML. Any blacklisted type in Zoom’s XML files will result in related functionality to stop working with appropriate logging that asks the user to correct the configuration. This will prevent unwanted remote code execution on the server.
- On the Zoom Client, the login prompt is shown only once per Zoom Server configured for its working copies in the Z-settings.
- Asset Browser now shows the correct modified date for the latest revision of the asset.
- Zoom property file, zoom.properties, is not case sensitive for keys or values now.
- Zoom auto-checkout user will not receive any server activity notification emails now.
- If any path set for auto-checkout is invalid, Zoom auto-checkout keeps on working for other valid paths.
- For the Curator, the limit on the number of search results fetched has been removed.
- Configuration failure email is not sent now whenever Curator settings are changed from the Web Admin.
- External process logging in Zoom is now being printed to their assigned log files only.
- The re-sync button is only available for assets that need to be re-synced in the Zoom Adobe Plugin.
- While browsing assets in an Adobe application using Zoom Adobe plugin, the sort option chosen by the user is now maintained even if the user browses away from the root level.
- In the Web Client, if sharing is disabled for a collection, then the user will not be allowed to send any sharing invitation email for that collection.
- While adding a comment on an asset in the Web Client, it is saved successfully now after resizing the text.
- No error is logged if SMTP settings are missing at Client Proxy start now. Only a warning is logged if any module tries to send an email when SMTP settings are not there.
- Zoom user credentials used by Hot Folder are now encrypted before saving in the config file.
- Fixed randomly missing rotated log files so that all logs are available now.
- When doing first check-in for Adobe Indesign or After Effects files using the Zoom Adobe plugin, the files’ thumbnails are now shown in the Visual Asset Browser.
- Fixed the failure to sync error for some specific files in Adobe Indesign using Zoom Adobe plugin.
- Multiple selected projects may now be associated with a single transcoder machine when using VideoLX, instead of only one project or all of them.
- In the Web Client, a PNG file may now be cropped correctly without any extra white area appearing in the result. This works in a Zoom setup not running on HADR. For an HADR setup, the user should upgrade the media converters in Zoom. Contact support to get updated system media converters.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, linked hires assets are not automatically checked-out now while using VideoLX.
Major Pending Issues
- If the Zoom admin disables copying of links for smart copies at the MAM server, and a Zoom user makes smart copies of hi-res assets in the Visual Asset Browser, the metadata information containing native and mid-res file path is still copied to the smart copies.
- In a Zoom HADR setup, assets do not get archived in user-configured folder-specific archive location, but rather in the default archive location.
- If auto-checkout is first enabled and then disabled, Zoom keeps consuming the extra license for the auto-checkout user in an HADR setup. To fix this, delete the auto-checkout user from the Web Admin Console.
- In a Zoom HADR setup, restored assets are not removed from the archive location.
- In the Web Client, if a user redirects to the asset in collection page via a comment in the notification panel, multi-line comments are not shown in the order in which these were created.
- Sometimes, for some image files, their resolution is not displayed in the Web Client.
- Sometimes in the Web Client, while dragging around a comment on an asset, an error message appears on-screen.
- If an asset is modified outside the Web Client, then the latest version is not automatically displayed without reloading the Web Client.
- Sometimes, the Web Client becomes unresponsive and fails to load asset thumbnails or previews.
- If a check-in fails from Zoom Adobe plugin, then the folder containing the failed assets keeps on showing modified status, even after the failed assets are later checked-in.
- In Adobe Photoshop using Zoom Adobe plugin, when a large file is modified then Zoom starts to auto-save it everytime the plugin is in focus, even though an auto-save interval is set in Zoom.
- In Adobe applications using Zoom Adobe plugin, if the user tries to make links to a hi-res asset and its smart-links, then only the hi-res asset is linked to the project. The smart-link assets of the hi-res asset are not linked or checked-in.
- Sometimes, fast user switching fails in the Visual Asset Browser. To fix this, restart the Client Proxy and relaunch the Visual Asset Browser.
- The user is not able to enable archiving and set an archive location at the same time in Web Admin Console as Zoom gives an error about an invalid operation. As a workaround, try to enable archiving through the server.xml file and set the location in Web Admin Console, or the other way around. For more details, click here.
- In Adobe Illustrator using Zoom Adobe plugin, if any linked asset is renamed then it is not shown as a broken link now.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, any unversioned After Effects project link will not show as versioned after syncing. These links appear versioned in Visual Asset Browser. To fix this, remove the unversioned linked project files and link again with their versioned copies.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin and VideoLX, the check-in dialog freezes if the user chooses to enable in-place ingest for valid VideoLX hires files that were dropped and synced in the project.
- In an HADR setup, the Visual Asset Browser is not able to connect to the next available HADR peer when its default server is unavailable. To fix this, either deselect the option to always use the default server in Z-settings menu or add the available HADR peer as the default server.
- In an HADR setup, if an HADR peer restarts after a failed check-in and some successful database operations, then the repositories on HADR peers go out of sync.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, the recent files box in the homepage lists recently added/updated files from the projects that the logged-in user has access to. But, the file activity is for all users and not just the logged-in user.
Minor Pending Issues
- Sometimes on the Mac OS, the reply box does not appear for a comment on an asset in the Web Client.
- In the Web Client, during bulk upload of assets to a collection, there is no status indicator to reflect when the assets will be added to the collection after the upload. With a big set of assets, this could take a while.
- Assets that cannot be previewed in the Web Client, cannot also be downloaded from the asset detail page. As a workaround, download such assets by adding these to a collection and downloading as a zipped file from the asset in a collection page.
- Sometimes on an HADR setup with SSL, while trying to change the thumbnail for an asset using Web Visual Asset Browser, Zoom throws an invalid file error.
- Sketch library files are not getting delinked in the Visual Asset Browser when the user selects delink option. Select the delink option again for this.
- Previews of large or complex SVG files are not generated by the Preview Server.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.1 builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Linux RHEL 6.7, Linux RHEL 7.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard, Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13|
|Browsers||Chrome 62.0.3202, Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0, Firefox 57.0, Safari 11.0.1|
|Adobe Photoshop||19.0 (2018), 18.1.0 (2017)|
|Adobe Illustrator||22.0.0 (2018), 21.1.0 (2017)|
|Adobe InDesign||13.0 (2018), 12.1.0 (2017)|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||12.1.1 (2018), 11.1.2 (2017)|
|Adobe After Effects||15.0.0 (2018), 14.2.1 (2017)|
|Adobe InCopy||13.0 (2018), 12.0 (2017)|
|MAXON Cinema4D||17.016, 18.020, 19.008|
|Adobe Flash Player||18.104.22.168|
- This release is compatible with bits 7.1-RELEASE.1058 and above.