Release Date: 12th Dec 2017
Evolphin Zoom 7.0.0-RELEASE.427 is a full release consisting of Linux and Windows servers and Windows and Mac Clients.
- Brand New Web Client: A new ReactJS-based web interface has been added in Zoom 7.0.0. Refer to this article for a walk-through of features.
- Collaboration with Collections: It is now possible to share one or more assets as Collections, amongst various users. Users, depending on the kind of access that has been granted to them, will be able to view or add comments and respond to them, and also annotate upon the assets. Check here to know more.
- Asset Browser Homepage: A homepage has been added in the Visual Asset Browser. This page will show the most recently used files and their details; it also contains an activity panel that captures the most recent operations on the repository. Check here for details.
- Adobe plugin revamp: The plugin has been upgraded to a cool new ReactJS-based interface with new functions like commenting, exports etc. Refer to the doc here for an overview.
- SSL on Zoom core: The core Zoom commands now support SSL mode of functioning. Refer to this article for details.
- Search and Execute: A new feature has been made available through the Visual Asset Browser that lets the admins perform search operations, and also execute pre-configured actions upon the search result items. For example, this would let us look for all assets matching a certain name and then delete all of them. This feature is not limited by the maximum number of results returned in typical search operations.
- Audit Log Mining: This is a new tool made available to the admins via the web-admin console. This lets the admins analyze patterns in the operations executed within the Zoom server. For example, you could collect metrics about the command that is most frequently used, or the assets most commonly searched for etc.
- Smart-Link: Zoom now supports a new class of assets called smart-links. The smart-link asset will faithfully follow whatever data modifications are made on the source asset; it would also be possible to edit the smart-link and have the source reflect the changes. To know more on how to create Smart-Links, click here.
- VideoLx: VideoLx is a new indexing feature added in this release. It lets Zoom server index large assets (typically videos) so that these may be accessed by all Zoom users, from a shared network. This improves speed as the assets are not ingested into Zoom server or checked out as user working copies. Click here to know more.
- New Licensing Model: The Licensing model has been updated to include pure read-only web licenses, in addition to the existing desktop and web licenses. The upper cap on the number of users that can be created, is now removed.
- Curator Service: The service for Curator server has been renamed to Zoom Curator Service.
- Multi-tiered Archive: Zoom Archiving now can be integrated with external archive systems like S3, SGL, DIVA etc. using our Unified (external) archive scripting framework.
- Zapier integration: Zoom now supports integration with Zapier framework. Using this we are now able to share assets with popular data sharing sites like DropBox and Social Media channels like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Zoom now detects potential name duplicates while importing assets from the Asset Browser. It also allows the user to resolve this by various means like overwriting or renaming assets. For more details, check here.
- The Asset Browser now has new Cut and Paste options. These options together allow a user to move assets between folders or projects.
- A new context menu option is added in the Asset Browser, that lets a user copy the ID of any asset to the clipboard.
- The Auto-Checkout options are configurable from the Asset Browser for ease of use.
- Folder details (like total size of all assets underneath) are available through a context menu option in the Asset Browser.
- Update (with links), similar to Checkout (with links), is now available for linked files in the Asset Browser.
- Asset versioning conflicts are now handled using a new conflict resolver interface in the Asset Browser. It allows the user to overwrite or discard changes.
- Zoom Adobe Plugin now has the option to create New Project from all Adobe applications.
- The Browse View in the Asset Browser also shows deleted / expired / archived assets now.
- Asset Browser now lets a user search in Facets view based on asset status like deleted / expired / archived.
- Zoom now has a more intuitive error reporting for VideoFx.
- Zoom now supports merging of XML file types during the auto-sync operation of the Client Proxy. (Earlier this feature was limited to .properties files only).
- Asset Browser operations were slow when the Zoom setup was using a large number of keywords. This has been fixed.
- The make-current command in Zoom has been modified to work with Contribute permission.
Major Pending Issues
- Currently, preview is generated and stored in the Preview Server Cache for every revision of an asset, even if only metadata is changed.
- Preview generation takes more time on Web Client than on Web-based Asset Browser.
- Web Client shows incorrect number of comments for a collection in the notifications panel.
- In the Web Client, user is randomly not redirected to a collection after clicking on a comment for the collection.
- In the Web Client, when sharing a collection with an email user, the same email Id is allowed to be used which is assigned to a Zoom user.
- Sometimes, collections in the Web Client show incorrect status and updated time.
- In the Web Client, the comments bubble for an asset appears after a slight delay.
- Zoom allows more users licenses than the max allowed limit when switching between ‘Concurrent-only’ and ‘DAM’ status for users.
- After sharing a collection with an email Id, if the shared email user tries to login to the Web Admin, the sign-in screen freezes.
- In the Web Client, comments for a deleted collection are also displayed in the comments panel.
- When the shared email user logs in to the Web Client, the home page and Assets tab is also displayed along with the Collections tab.
- When a shared email user comments on an asset using the Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe applications, the internal Id assigned to that user is displayed for the user name.
- The file type filter used in Zoom Adobe plugin has different attributes than the ones used in the Visual Asset Browser.
- Not able to check-in linked asset with long name while using Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe Photoshop.
- If the ‘Include All Revisions’ flag is off in the Visual Asset Browser, an asset with a changed name still shows up in searches for the older name. The same happens in Curator as well.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, unable to select different change-lists from change-list drop down in the check-in dialog.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, the autofill in the search fields does not use special characters as expected. The ‘*’, ‘+’, and ‘?’ characters return all assets. The ‘(‘ or ‘)’ hides autofill suggestions.
- Sometimes, in the MacOS Yosemite or El Capitan, the Visual Asset Browser shows a folder as modified when no assets have changed. At times, the assets in the folder also do not show any status icons.
- If a new user is not assigned any role and this user tries to login through the Web-based Asset Browser, then instead of showing an error message, an error is logged.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, a user with ‘Read only’ permission is shown the Duplicate Detection window while importing a duplicate asset.
- Not able to navigate to the last page using ‘Next page’ or ‘Last page’ buttons on the HADR dashboard in Web Admin.
- Sometimes, incorrect license count is shown on peer servers while using HADR.
- Sometimes, after restarting the HADR host server, server.xml is reset to default values.
- Server cache cleaner is not working from the Server Control Panel in the Web Admin.
- Sometimes Preview Server stops responding while using HADR.
- When using HADR, if different peer priority is set on different peer servers, a user is allowed to exceed maximum number of concurrent licenses.
- Sometimes, login prompts keep appearing again while editing metadata for new assets in the Visual Asset Browser.
- For a newly exported asset, ‘View in Zoom’ does not work in Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin.
- Video is previewing without sound while browsing assets in the Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, an HD video gets stuck intermittently while previewing.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, video scrubbing is playing vertically on the Link tab in thumbnail view.
- In Adobe After Effects using Zoom Adobe plugin, after a newly added asset is checked in, it appears twice in the Link tab. This is fixed after Resolve Links.
- Visual Asset Browser does not show linked assets as checked out after checking out with links from the Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, new collection does not auto update after adding an exported asset.
- In Adobe InDesign, if new unversioned assets in a project are synced (resulting in versioned assets) and then this project is reverted, the assets show as unversioned in the plugin’s Linked Files tab. To fix this, resolve the links again.
- Cinema 4D R17/R18/R19 crashes randomly with Zoom plugin after a check-in.
- Sometimes, linked assets are shown with no asset id or thumbnail in the Link tab of the Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe InDesign.
- For Windows 7 and 10, Check-In, Smart-Copy, and Quick Check-In windows open in the background using the Zoom Adobe plugin in Adobe applications.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, a folder will show as modified if the checked out assets in it are deleted and purged.
- In Adobe InDesign using Zoom Adobe plugin, syncing a new project sometimes shows an error.
- Broken icon is displayed while previewing valid wav or prproj files from ‘Search’ in Adobe Premiere Pro using the Zoom Adobe Plugin.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, Link tab does not display metadata values like size or brand for new unsynced hi-res assets if the resolution of the assets is changed after adding to the project.
- In Adobe applications using Zoom Adobe plugin, hi-res files linked from the working copy path are ingested as direct files.
- Sometimes, links are not resolved automatically after performing sync for newly added assets in Adobe After Effects using Zoom Adobe plugin.
- In Adobe Premiere Pro using Zoom Adobe plugin, the path in header becomes inconsistent when viewing a folder and switching tabs between All, Link, and Search tabs.
- Asset thumbnails not visible for some file formats like indd (Adobe InDesign), ai (Adobe Illustrator) in the Visual Asset Browser.
- Zoom server crashes when server version and client version do not match while connecting to HADR.
- Zoom server with hi-res setup crashes randomly.
- Archive/Restore script sends email after successful operation even when configured to not send mail on success.
- In the Visual Asset Browser, assets in a fixed version Dynamic collection are updated after being modified.
- SSL mode is not supported in communication between Zoom and Curator server. However, Curator server can connect to a Zoom Server running on SSL.
- Curator search does not return any assets if the search result has more than 27000 assets due to internal limitation of the third party Solr libraries.
- Whenever Curator configuration is changed from the Web Admin, a setup failure email is sent out to email IDs pre-configured to receive Zoom Server notifications. Ignore this email message.
- Curator logs contain duplicate entries for the same transaction.
Minor Pending Issues
- Sometimes, after checking in assets using Zoom Adobe plugin in any Adobe application user is not able to resolve links. To fix this, try resolving links again.
- Sometimes, after refreshing the Link tab for a project in Adobe Premiere Pro using the Zoom Adobe plugin, no linked assets are displayed. To fix this, refresh the Link tab again.
- When resurrecting a folder, the assets in the folder are not resurrected. To fix this, resurrect the assets manually.
- Hotfolder settings are not accessible from the Web Mannagement Console when Zoom Server is running on SSL.
- The Zoom installer uses the old Evolphin logo.
Third-party Software Versions
Zoom 7.0 builds have been tested against the following:
|Operating Systems (Servers)||Linux RHEL 6.7, Linux RHEL 7.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard|
|Operating Systems (Clients)||Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, OS X El Capitan 10.11, macOS Sierra 10.12.6, macOS High Sierra 10.13|
|Adobe Photoshop||18.1.0 (2017.0.0)|
|Adobe Illustrator||21.1.0 (2017)|
|Adobe InDesign||12.1.0 (2017.0)|
|Adobe Premiere Pro||11.1.2 (2017.0.1)|
|Adobe After Effects||14.2.1 (2017.0)|
|Adobe InCopy||12.0 (2017.0)|
|MAXON Cinema4D||17.016, 18.020, 19.008|
|Browsers||Chrome 62.0.3202, Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0, IE 11.674, Firefox 57.0, Safari 11.0.1|
|Adobe Flash Player||188.8.131.52|
- Please find instructions on how to upgrade here.
- This release is compatible with bits 7.0.0-RELEASE.427 and above