- Brand New Web Client: A new ReactJS-based web interface has been added in Zoom 7.0.0. Refer to this article for a walk-through of features.
- Collaboration with Collections: It is now possible to share one or more assets as Collections, amongst various users. Users, depending on the kind of access that has been granted to them, will be able to view or add comments and respond to them, and also annotate upon the assets. Check here to know more.
- Asset Browser Homepage: A homepage has been added in the Visual Asset Browser. This page will show the most recently used files and their details; it also contains an activity panel that captures the most recent operations on the repository. Check here for details.
- Adobe plugin revamp: The plugin has been upgraded to a cool new ReactJS-based interface with new functions like commenting, exports etc. Refer to the doc here for an overview.
- SSL on Zoom core: The core Zoom commands now support SSL mode of functioning. Refer to this article for details.
- Search and Execute: A new feature has been made available through the Visual Asset Browser that lets the admins perform search operations, and also execute pre-configured actions upon the search result items. For example, this would let us look for all assets matching a certain name and then delete all of them. This feature is not limited by the maximum number of results returned in typical search operations.
- Audit Log Mining: This is a new tool made available to the admins via the web-admin console. This lets the admins analyze patterns in the operations executed within the Zoom server. For example, you could collect metrics about the command that is most frequently used, or the assets most commonly searched for etc.
- Smart-Link: Zoom now supports a new class of assets called smart-links. The smart-link asset will faithfully follow whatever data modifications are made on the source asset; it would also be possible to edit the smart-link and have the source reflect the changes. To know more on how to create Smart-Links, click here.
- VideoLx: VideoLx is a new indexing feature added in this release. It lets Zoom server index large assets (typically videos) so that these may be accessed by all Zoom users, from a shared network. This improves speed as the assets are not ingested into Zoom server or checked out as user working copies. Click here to know more.
- New Licensing Model: The Licensing model has been updated to include pure read-only web licenses, in addition to the existing desktop and web licenses. The upper cap on the number of users that can be created, is now removed.
- Curator Service: The service for Curator server has been renamed to Zoom Curator Service.
- Multi-tiered Archive: Zoom Archiving now can be integrated with external archive systems like S3, SGL, DIVA etc. using our Unified (external) archive scripting framework.
- Zapier integration: Zoom now supports integration with Zapier framework. Using this we are now able to share assets with popular data sharing sites like DropBox and Social Media channels like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Zoom now detects potential name duplicates while importing assets from the Asset Browser. It also allows the user to resolve this by various means like overwriting or renaming assets. For more details, check here.
- The Asset Browser now has new Cut and Paste options. These options together allow a user to move assets between folders or projects.
- A new context menu option is added in the Asset Browser, that lets a user copy the ID of any asset to the clipboard.
- The Auto-Checkout options are configurable from the Asset Browser for ease of use.
- Folder details (like total size of all assets underneath) are available through a context menu option in the Asset Browser.
- Update (with links), similar to Checkout (with links), is now available for linked files in the Asset Browser.
- Asset versioning conflicts are now handled using a new conflict resolver interface in the Asset Browser. It allows the user to overwrite or discard changes.
- Zoom Adobe Plugin now has the option to create New Project from all Adobe applications.
- The Browse View in the Asset Browser also shows deleted / expired / archived assets now.
- Asset Browser now lets a user search in Facets view based on asset status like deleted / expired / archived.
- Zoom now has a more intuitive error reporting for VideoFx.
- Zoom now supports merging of XML file types during the auto-sync operation of the Client Proxy. (Earlier this feature was limited to .properties files only).
- Asset Browser operations were slow when the Zoom setup was using a large number of keywords. This has been fixed.
- The make-current command in Zoom has been modified to work with Contribute permission.