Zoom Hi-Res Video Management Release offers certain enhancements to the third-party-mount feature of Zoom so that it may be used with VideoFX. These can be enabled using the properties defined on the client-side (in zoom.properties) as described below.
|EXTENSIONS_PROXY_MAP||mp4 -> mov, mxf|
This property helps in mapping the proxy files present in Zoom server, to the (hi-res) files residing in Third Party Mount location. This resolution is based on adding a preconfigured suffix pattern to the proxy file names.
This property maps the file extension of the low-res proxy assets that are present in the Zoom server, and the file extensions of the corresponding hi-res assets residing in the Third Party Mount locations.
Third Party Mount Feature
Zoom 5.5 onward, users will be able to set up multiple mount points which would essentially behave like auto-checkout mount points. They will however not sync up with Zoom as auto-checkout mount points do. Files have to be put in these folders manually by users. This will help them in creating links with large size files while maintaining a low-resolution proxy in Zoom.
Configuring third party mount points
- Open zoom.properties file from $HOME/.zm
For Example: C:\Users\joe\.zm\zoom.properties
- Add the THIRD_PARTY_MOUNT_POINT property followed by a suffix, indicating the index e.g. THIRD_PARTY_MOUNT_POINT1, THIRD_PARTY_MOUNT_POINT2 etc.
- Save the file.
- Reload Evolphin Zoom plugin in the creative apps for the changed paths to reflect. Click here to see how to reload plugins.
- Files from the third party mount-point directories will never be imported back to Zoom. If a user tries to attempt it, the file will be skipped and appropriate warning will be shown to the user.
- If a user is committing files which has links to files present in third party mount directories, such that the remote path of the linked file already exists in Zoom, then links will be maintained on Zoom server and one will be able to see them in Asset Browser ‘Links’ panel.
Linked File path – D:\thirdPartyMount\defproj\links\a.jpg
In this case, a.jpg will not be checked in. If it exists on Zoom in the server path \defproj\links, the main file will get linked to this file in Zoom.
- Drag and drop from VAB will work when THIRD_PARTY_MOUNT_POINT properties are set to valid path. First preference will be given to auto-checkout , then third party mount points and lastly working copy.
- Resolve links from plugin will resolve the paths from third party mount points as well. Current preference order for resolve links – auto checkout, third party mount points, working copy.
The remote path of the files will be same as the paths within third party mount point for resolving links within mount points. E.g. If the path of the linked file in Zoom is /links/image_link.jpg, the mount point path will be THIRD_PARTY_MOUNT_POINT/links/image_link.jpg
- If a file is present in third party mount point and also in working copy, dragged file from Asset Browser will point to the mount point path. E.g. If some file xyz.jpg is present in mount point folder and also in working copy, and if user drags the same file from Asset Browser to any of the creative apps, then link will be created to mount point file and not with working copy file.
- If a file is present in third party mount point and also in auto checkout folder location, dragged file from Asset Browser will point to auto checked out path.