Support in Zoom
Zoom can support preview & transcoding of RED raw camera files such as .R3D using the REDLine SDK from RED.
To add support for .R3D file:
- Download the REDLine CLI bundled with REDCINE-X PRO on a Windows Server running the Zoom VideoLX transcoder or Zoom Preview Server:
- After the install is done, ensure the REDline CLI is on the System Path:
If it’s not on the System Path, append the path to the CLI executable to the Path environment variable
- Reboot the Windows Server to ensure the services can get the updated path. After a reboot verify the REDline SDK is on the path by running the CLI from a Windows PowerShell as following:
If you see an output similar to above that means REDline CLI is working fine.
- Check in the Zoom Web Admin Console Converters list if a converter for R3D file is available, if not create a new converter:
- If you are planning on using the RED converter with the VideoLX ingest, please ensure the converter checkbox for ‘Lowres’ is ticked:
- Now you are ready to ingest or preview R3D files. Note Zoom will not read the .RMD side car file, it will use the raw R3D footage.