The Vantage Server uses workflows to guide the flow of assets between servers and manage user intervention in that flow.
Before proceeding with setting up the Vantage Server workflows, please make sure that these prerequisites are met:
Ensure that the following are met:
- Mount points are set up on this Vantage Server as listed here. ES_SAN (SAN Volume shared with Zoom services) is mounted as Z:/ using the mount.bat script if configuring using the default mount path (Z:)
- Strawberry Perl is installed as listed in the environment setup here.
- If using AWS S3 archiving, Python and AWS CLI are installed as listed in the environment setup here.
- Ignore this step if DNS is being used instead of hosts file. If hosts file is being used, please ensure Windows hosts file (under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) has the entries similar to below specified (adjust based on your IP addresses/hostnames):
- 10.0.1.78 vantage.evolphinpoc
- 10.0.1.81 preview.evolphinpoc
- 10.0.1.80 mam.evolphinpoc
- 10.0.1.75 essan.evolphinpoc
- Zoom Client for Windows in installed.
- Vantage workflows are imported into Telestream:
- Hires Ingest
- Vantage module/task licenses are installed to allow metadata extraction, notify action and transcoding to be performed using the above workflows.
Validating the Zoom Client
- The zm.exe CLI (command line interface) is used by the Perl scripts (to be installed later) to invoke various API calls to Zoom MAM server. The correct version of Zoom Client will automatically configure the zm.exe CLI.
- To test simply execute zm from the Powershell, you should see a version dump on the terminal with no path errors:
> zm version
You should see output similar to below on the console. The client version should be same or compatible to the server version for your Zoom MAM server:
You can download a sample workflow configuration file for Vantage-based Hi-Res ingest from here – HiresIngest.xml. More sample Vantage workflows can be obtained either directly from Evolphin support or if you have access to a pre-built Vantage VM shipped with the demo version of Zoom VideoFX, you can export these two workflows:
- Hires Ingest
- Van_convert_flv (not needed if using default converter based on software
ffmpegfor preview creation)
The exported workflows can be imported into the Vantage Lightspeed server.
Validating the van_convert_flv workflow
Whenever a preview is requested in Zoom VAB, the above Vantage workflow is invoked if the default converter in Zoom has been switched to Vantage. The workflow is integrated with Zoom Preview server, it allows Preview Server to offload preview generation to Vantage for video assets. For more details on how to configure Zoom to switch to Vantage media converter please see this article.
To validate, locate any Video asset in VAB and try to generate a preview using right click context menu option in VAB. If the workflow is working correctly a preview request should be sent to Vantage. Once the transcode/flip is finished the user in VAB will be able to play a preview of the video.
Optimizing the Vantage Workflows
The workflows supplied by Evolphin are meant to be a starting point. The customers should work with Vantage team to further optimize these workflows for their needs.