In Zoom 5.0 and below, metadata fields visible in Visual Asset Browser were configured through property files on server:
In Zoom 5.1 and greater, all configurations related to metadata have been merged into a single xml file:
For users who are upgrading Zoom from 5.0 or below to 5.1 or greater, need to migrate the metadata configuration files, we have a script to accomplish that. Click here to download auto-migration script.
Please follow the following steps in order to migrate the metadata files :
- Copy metaspec directory, xmpsupported.properties and xmptype.properties from backup conf and paste them in new conf directory
- Copy the downloaded MDSpec.jar to conf directory in Zoom server installation folder
Windows,C:\Program Files (x86)\Evolphin\DAM\conf\MDSpec.jar
- Open Terminal/Cmd Prompt and go to conf directory
Ex. cd [ZoomInstallDir]/conf
- Run the following command
java -jar MDSpec.jar
- Check if a valid [ZoomInstallDir]/conf/metadataspec.xml was generated by the conversion tool. From now, please modify metadata schema using this XML file only. You can use any XML editor such as XML Notepad or Notepad++ on Windows or TextWrangler or BBEdit on MacOS X.