From version 5.4, Zoom has added a feature to assign and search metadata to specific keyframe or timecode of any video asset.
For e.g. If there is some President.avi video of length ten minutes, then some metadata can be assigned to specific timeframe, let say 00h:10m:10s with some value: “Here comes the president”. Now this value can be searched from Zoom Asset Browser.
Working with Keyframe Metadata
- Double click OR Press Space on the asset on which you want to assign keyframe metadata (Preview the video file).
- Double click on the progress indicator to add keyframe marker to a time code. See the below attached image.
- After double clicking, it will create a marker and add an entry on keyframe metadata panel. (By default keyframe metadata is stored with IPTC:Description field.)
- Double click again on timeline to create a range keyframe.
Some of the keyframe information might be configured to only interact with certain groups and fields. Please consult with Evolphin Support if you would like to reassign this information to another field in the XML.
- You can add value to IPTC:Description in keyframe metadata panel.
- Click on the pencil icon to add more metadata fields to that keyframe.
- Select key and assign some value to that key. Just close the panel, it will automatically save the changes. See the next attached image.
- Double click to edit any metadata.
- Mouse over the yellow marker to view the assigned metadata. See the below attached screen shot.
Searching Keyframe Metadata
- Open Zoom asset browser and launch search tab from top left corner.
- Goto Advance Options.
- To switch to advance options, click on “Search Filename” from the drop down option. See the image.
- In advance search, select IPTC:Description or any other metadata that you want to search.
- By default Zoom searches all the metadata, inclusive keyframe and metadata.
- You can also choose to search only in Keyframes by selecting the “Search in Keyframe” option from choose drop down. See the below image.
- After filling the queries/metadata values that you want to search. Click on search button to see the search results.