In Zoom 5.2 or greater, jobs from stored workflow templates can be created with select assets from the Asset Browser. This is especially useful for directly launching workflow automations on selected assets. In order to do this, first a set of workflow templates must be created and saved. This can be done by administrators, as described below. Once this is done, users can create jobs from these templates.
- Jobs can be created with assets which belong to the same project only.
- For assets from different projects, separate jobs need to be created per project.
- The assets will be assigned to only those tasks, reviews, or, auto tasks, in the workflow template which do not have any pre-assigned assets.
- This allows the job to have a mix of tasks, those with pre-defined assets, and those which have assets assigned from the Asset Browser.
- The created job will start immediately, unless the template has a future start date specified.
- In Asset Browser, select one or more assets, or, add them to the cart.
- If the assets are selected above, right-click on any of those assets and select Create Job.
- Alternatively, if the assets are in the cart, open the cart menu and click Create Job.
- A dialog will pop-up asking for the template from which a job is to be created.
- If the cart or selection contains assets from different projects, then first, select the project whose assets are to be used to create the job.
- Now select the workflow template from the list.
- Only those templates will be shown in the list which are for the selected project, or which have no specific project.
- Click on the Create button to create the job.
This is to be done by administrators or project admins from the Web Administration console.
- Log in to the Web Administration console. See instructions here.
- Open the Workflow Designer, by clicking on Team Workflow > Manage Workflow in the left navigation panel.
- Create a Template design as described in the workflow help documentation. In summary:
- Click on the ‘+’ button in the bottom left corner to create a new flow design.
- Drag and drop tasks, auto tasks, and reviews, from the right panel, in to the graph editor, and create workflow connections between them as required.
- If this template is to be restricted to be used for assets belonging to a specific project alone, specify the Project either in the column for the Start task in the bottom table or in the Job Info pane.
- If a project has been specified, then pre-defined assets and users or roles may be set for different tasks, if required.
- If the jobs from the template are to be started on a fixed future date, then specify the date for the Start task.
- After specifying all the properties which need to be pre-defined in the created job, click on the Save as Template button on the task bar above the graph editor.
- In the pop-up dialog, write the name for the new template, and if required, check to preserve the defined assets, users and due dates.
- Click the save button.
Creating Jobs with Metadata
From Zoom 5.5 onwards, Job metadata values can be set at the time of creating jobs from the Asset Browser. The metadata input forms corresponding to the chosen template will be shown in the job creation dialog.
If this is required, the Zoom server administrator needs to configure the metadata properties which can be input and the forms that will be shown. The form configuration needs to be stored on the Zoom server at the location
createjobfromtemplate.xmlis identical on all HADR peers.