As of Zoom 6.0, new options have been added to preview server cleanup settings.
- DO_NOT_CLEAN_FUIDS: This option will skip the original asset source file from cleanup. In others words original asset file will not be deleted by cleanup process.
- DO_NOT_CLEAN_PREVIEWS: Do not delete any preview file. Generated previews will never be deleted.
- DEFAULT: Cleanup process will decide based on file size and their usage.
To setup follow the instructions below
Editing from Zoom Web Administration Console
- On the sidebar, click Server Control Panel
- Click Review Server Settings
- Switch to tab Cleanup Settings
- Select the value from the Additional cleanup options drop-down list.
Editing the preview-server.xml
- In Windows Services, stop the Zoom Preview Server (Only if preview server is configured to run on the same machine as the zoom server) service. For information on how to restart / stop, refer to Starting and Stopping Zoom Services (Windows)
- Open preview server xml file named as
- Search and identify the <
- Set its value to
- You can replace data by any of the above mentioned 3 options.
- Save the
- In Windows Services, Start the Zoom Preview Server service.
For Test purpose:
To check whether your selected option is working or not
- In Windows Services, stop the Zoom Preview Server
Search for the
tag under the
section, and set them to
Search for the
tag and set the value to 1.You preview cache directory size should be of 1GB or more in order for cleanup to run.
In Windows Services, Start the Zoom Preview Server service.
Check the preview_log for the information.dryRun option will not delete any cache entry. To be on the safer side, backup your cache directory
After testing is done, follow the same steps and restore all the values.
These settings can be done from the Zoom Web Administration UI.